Healthy diets comprise both macro and micronutrients and the quantity and quality of each dietary component determines your health, strength, endurance, longevity and overall well-being. At KYP, every care is taken to ensure nutrient-rich foods that are tailored to your individual needs. Proper nutrition goes a long way to enhance your natural health and keep ailments at bay.
The primary components of a balanced diet include:
- Carbohydrates – are one of the most basic food groups and comprise starch and sugar found in fruits, vegetables, grains, beans, peas, nuts, seeds and soybeans and dairy products such as milk, cheese and yogurt.
- Protein – is essential for body growth, tissue repair, immunity, hormonal balance and enzymes production. Protein and calcium found in dairy products help maintain bone and dental health.
- Fat – promotes absorption of vitamins, protects organs and cells and maintains body temperature. While saturated fats are bad for health, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are beneficial and are found in olives, flaxseed, vegetable oils, nuts, and fish.
- Vitamins – support the immune system and promote health. They are found in fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, fish, eggs and dairy products.
- Minerals –maintain fluid balance, pH balance and blood pressure, support nerve and muscle function, develop bones and teeth structure. Sources of minerals include meat, poultry, fish, eggs, whole grains, milk, cheese, yogurt, fruit and vegetables.
Water – helps digestion and absorption of food, improves circulation and aids waste removal. The body's water requirement is partly met by food but has to be supplemented by drinking 6-8 glasses of water daily.